Friday, March 30, 2012

In the last few weeks, I learned so much. I have taken a class about metabolism and how to boost it. The number way to boost your metabolism??? Eat breakfast. Simple, huh? Now, I know that eating breakfast can be the last thing on most of our minds, but it is really important. It doesn't have to be some fancy country breakfast with eggs, pancakes and bacon. Just something simple. Things I eat for breakfast: Kashi cereal. When I find it on sale, I buy it. I have also found that Kroger has an awesome brand of healthy cereals called Active or something like that. What to look for in a cereal? Read the labels!!! Check the fiber and sugar. These are key to a sustaining meal. Low sugar, and I mean less than 10 grams per serving, and high fiber 6 grams or more. Sometimes the cereal can taste kinda like cardboard, but it grows on you. And truly, you will be full after just one quick bowl! I was skeptical at first, because it usually took at least 2 bowls to fill me up. But it really does just take one bowl. I even feel full longer, so cuts down on the need to snack. Now, sometimes a bowl of cereal just isn't what you want. I change it up and make a breakfast burrito. I scramble 2 eggs with a variety of ingredients. It is amazing how different you can make your eggs just by adding a few simple things. For example, I will scramble 2 eggs with 3/4c cooked rice, add about 2 tbl shredded cheese and wrap it up in a multi-grain flour tortilla, fajita size. I usually can get 2 burritos outta this. Most times, I share with my husband. Another way of changing up your eggs is by adding onions, sweet peppers, tomatoes or just salsa. I have also scrambled asparagus into my eggs. So, you can change up your eggs everyday for a different mood. Try it, you might even like it! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment